Seasons greetings and welcome to Tribalik's gift guide... Are you struggling for Christmas inspiration? Sit back, relax- we got this. In this guide we have some delightful, ethical present ideas for you which will satisfy even the fussiest friend or family member. This Christmas you can do better than chocolates and a silly woolly jumper. Put your feet up and get excited for the festivities whilst you tick off the crimbo pressie list one by one with these tasteful goodies.
1) Now you might think we are a tad biased but we think a Tribalik Gift Card is an PERFECT gift for anybody- they can choose from the 1000's of fair trade, hand crafted jewellery collected from around the world. We have a huge selection of brass, sterling silver, copper, rose cold, wood, horn, precious stones and golden gems on our website so you simply cannot go wrong. Whether they have stretched ear lobes or like delicate, feminine accessories we have something for absolutely everyone.
2) The second gift in our guide is this aromatic delicious tea from the Bluebird Tea Company. If you haven't heard of them, you need to get with the times- they're fantastic, Bluebirds ethos is making people happy with their innovative heart warming blends of tea. The particular one that caught our eye is this 'Seasonal Stuffing' which is particularly savory in flavour and can be compared to their roasted & nutty creations. Ingredients include toasted Japanese Hojicha green tea perfectly seasoned with hazelnuts and almonds and spiced with fenugreek and sage. Can you imagine sitting down after your Christmas feast with a hot cup of Seasonal Stuffing? Lets hope your whomever you gift this to is willing to share!
This yummy tea starts at just £5.50 for a 50g pouch.
3) These multi-coloured brass ear weights are perfect for your loved one with stretched ear lobes, they are totally unique and offer an alternative to just a plain plug, tunnel or normal standard ear weights. These gold coloured tribal earrings are comprised of a tear drop shape with abalone imitate colours finished with clear resin. The ear weights/gauges are securely hooked onto the lobe so are super easy and comfortable to wear and difficult to loose! Surprise your friend or family member with a pair of these handmade stylish stretched ear accessories and they'd be eternally grateful.
4) The fourth goodie on our gift guide is a fabulous yoga mat from 'Zen Nymph', whether a yogi master or yoga beginner: this mat will be all the encouragement your friend or family member will need to get practicing. With a new year around the corner, they'll be focusing on their well-being, this mat which is just as much a work of art as a practical gift is a great token of this. This buddha mat also doubles up as a meditation space, the comfy cushiony feel & the calming colours/patterns will aid them on their spiritual journey. Why get any other Yoga mat, when you can get this Zen Nymph Namaste Yoga Mat? These mats are retailed at $88. Psst, whilst you're checking the selection of yoga mat's take a peek at their amazing collection of luxurious clothing, they will blow you away...
5) This deeply moisturising product simply HAD to be in our gift guide: it's 100% vegan and 100% natural. This hair & body butter is made with nourishing, shea and avocado, it even sounds delicious!? The SHEA 'N' AVOCADO pot also has lavender oil blended in which soothes the skin and has anti-inflammatory qualities. Sunu Ker prides itself on using natures finest plant based ingredients, hence creating homemade ethical products which will leave you feeling silky and smooth all over. The inspiration for the company is said to have come from beauty practices and raw ingredients of Africa. Whats more, all products are handmade in England, and absolutely no ingredients are tested on animals - a guilt free cosmetic must-have which you may want to gift to yourself too! This 200g tub is just £8.00, it could also be a fantastic little stocking filler too?!
6) Our sixth gift is our very own sterling silver Thai hill tribe, hand etched bangle. This adjustable bracelet boasts amazing tribal patterns decorating the whole outside surface and a chunky weight (32g) - it'd be a high quality, incredibly special piece of jewelry for either men or women. This 92.5 sterling silver piece will last a lifetime and will really express to someone you love how much they mean to you. Handcrafted silver jewellery is a tradition among members of Thai hill tribes, who often supplement their income from farming by making silver jewellery to sell. For some, creating jewelry has become their primary source of income, and in case you didn't already know- we are entirely FAIR TRADE so craftsman like the Thai hill tribe communities will earn a decent living wage.
7) Eden perfumes is a fellow Brighton company who shares our passion for conscientious and kind business, environmentally friendly attitudes and veganism. They concoct perfumes, aftershaves and unisex colognes using essential oils and cruelty free components instead of any nasty chemicals. They can create any perfume you want in store however if you are not local to Brighton there is plenty of fruity, sensual, divine flavours to choose from on their website. The perfume we chose for this guide is the Tobacco Vanilla and Spices which stood out to be particularly Christmassy in flavour, but scour through the options as there will be one that'd be perfect for your bae! Prices start at £18.00 for a 30ml bottle.
8) Number 8 on our top 12 Christmas gift guide is our CHANDRA copper and sterling silver wire hoop earrings. We just looove the unique style and the cut-out patterns on the burnt rouge disc, these ear rings would be the sparkliest, impressive add on to any Christmas outfit. The 92.5 sterling silver wires mean that they would be fine for anyone who may have allergies to other materials like brass or copper.
At just £35, these are a great value pair of high quality earrings.
9) These Tapt catsuits are beyond cool- with psychedelic prints and mind bending patterns these are the funkiest xmas pressie: they can be used for dancing, festivals, parties and even sportswear. Take a look at all of the catsuits and leotards Tapt have to offer, your alternative lady (or man) will be astounded at what good taste you have! However, if the catsuits are a little bit too daring for your recipient then check out the leggings and hoodies they've got too, they're equally awesome with geometric patterns and designs. Catsuits are £90, but worth every penny as the super stretchy high quality spandex is resistant to chlorine and piling, and provides protection against UV rays.
10) The 10th gift is a our cute, brass dot textured ear cuff, it can be for non pierced or pierced ears and just slides onto the cartilage at the top or middle of the ear. We thought it could be a great stocking filler or just another little add on alongside another glorious gift. These can provide people who don't necessarily have ear piercings with some desired embellishment where they wouldn't normally have the chance. This gold coloured ear wrap is totally unique and at a very reasonable £10, this little Christmas accessory will guarantee a smile from you and them this Crimbo. If this specific cuff doesn't do it for you, we have 10 other ear cuffs in total to choose from, 5 golden brass and 6 sterling silver.
11) The next gift is cool AND useful, the awe-inspiring, Tel Aviv based company Plazamalab stocks high quality refillable water bottles with an edge: if you know someone who enjoys a practical present then this could be the ideal. You know that family member who loves to go hiking in the outdoors, or that mate who is passionate about eco-friendly alternatives? Then this is the one for them. Regardless of their lifestyle though, this would be fantastic present for anybody as its a great way to encourage them to ditch those wasteful plastic bottles- save the planet guys! Each one of these water bottles is completely unique, they're made from stainless steel then covered with cork, which has random naturally occurring patterns which makes the bottles look crazy cool. The bottle is €59. Plazmalab also has some incredible clothing designed by some extremely talented artists too so take a look.
12) Our 12th and final gift in our guide is this gorgeous diamond embroidered jewellery box from Namaste-UK, we figure if you are going to treat her to all these jewels then she'll need somewhere to put them all! Of course this Indian inspired company is also fair trade which is something we are passionate about too, so take a look at their website to see the what else they have to offer for more crimbo inspirations, they have everything from furniture to incense so we're sure you'll find plenty of ideas. This jewellery box is a very reasonable £24.95 which leaves you with enough pennies to put a pretty something in there, we can promise you if she unwraps this beauty and there's another sparkly something inside to open she'll be VERY happy on the big day. Check our New Arrivals for some easy inspiration for trinkets and gems.
Support independent, ethical businesses whilst making those you love feel extra special this Christmas 2017. Thank you so much for reading our top 12 Christmas gift guide we hope we've given you some great ideas and suggestions to make shopping a little less tough this year.
Love, Light and Festive Blessings,